Supplying a wide variety of product categories around the world, the global success story continues to grow from strength the strength! This a an exciting & varied, newly created opportunity for an experienced Shipping Assistant to oversee the Logistics activities & Coordination of containers around the world.
Liaising internally and externally, both domestically and internationally, you will be;
• Managing international bookings for FCL, LCL and Air freight
• Updating the database with shipping and transport status
• Support the Buying teams with shipping issues
• Creating quotes for Buyers (air/sea and courier)
• Track container movements from origin up to delivery to customers premises
• Monitor Transhipments and report delays
• Manage detention and demurrage (container out of the wharf and dehired before due date)
• Signing off on freight invoices
• Producing shipper reports
• Allocation of shipping lines based on port and more…
This position requires;
• Strong, recent Admin experience in a similar customer oriented role ie: freight forwarding/ logistics/ shipping/ import
• Strong computer literacy, particularly with Excel
• Excellent planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and work unsupervised and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• A sense of urgency & high attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
If this sounds like you then apply NOW! (Word doc please).
Please note that due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com