Leading distributor of electrical and data components and equipment with over 300 service centres across Australia, offers a one stop sourcing and supply solution for lighting, electrical, communications, data, solar, HVAC and associated electrical component products. Their branch network provides geographical convenience, local stock and knowledgeable staff to ensure that customers are supported for business success and optimisation.
As a Product Information Officer, your primary duty will be to develop product information with the highest data integrity via the national Product Databank for publication to the various websites of service centres and additional systems and user groups. The role requires exceptional attention to detail, sound technical expertise and strong communication skills.
Based in the Commercial Dept, you will assist the National Contracts department and service centre sales staff by providing up to date product knowledge.
Responsibilities are varied including:
- Maintain all necessary product master file records and information to ensure a high level of data quality and product enrichment
- Provide timely support for Profit Centre members and National Commercial and Contracts Teams relating to the Electronic and Web Catalogue
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Team to support new supplier and product releases
- Develop and work with the Electronic Catalogue Team to ensure all changes to product master data are vetted and approved to ensure high data quality is achieved
- Liaise with the Commercial Managers to discuss products that will help grow business sales volume and rebate value
- Regularly analyse Temporary SKI sales data and provide enrichment recommendations to Commercial Managers
- Liaise with IT project managers to ensure that all product data/content needs are met
- Undertake competitive product research to help create definitions for new product development projects, ie: competitive performance analysis; & features and benefits analysis
- Review product specifications, blueprints/drawings, material data safety sheets and more!
Required experience and competencies are:
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral forms internally and externally
- Technical Electrical qualification or solid demonstrated experience within the Electrical Wholesale/ Electrical Trades industry (highly desirable)
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook and Excel & product database management systems
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general electrical terms, technical specifications, or units of measure.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff
- Ability to calculate measurements and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume and able to apply concepts of basic geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions via written, oral, diagram, or blueprint form.
Is this you? APPLY NOW!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org